Wedding Ideas: Entertainment
How you plan to keep your wedding guests entertained is one of the big questions you face when you plan your wedding. While your main focus is on the event of getting married itself, your guests are probably more likely to remember the day based on how much fun they had in the evening rather than anything about the ceremony. That may sound a little harsh, yet it’s true for most of us.
So... you're thinking about having a firework display at your wedding?You're not alone. A lot of couples want professional firework displays to celebrate starting their new life together. Here's five thing you ought to consider before booking a firework display however...
- Check that your venue allows fireworks, to avoid disappointment. For more information about what else you should be asking your venue before your wedding day, read our helpful tips here.
- What is your budget? You don't need to spend the earth but good shows cost between £750 and £1500.
- Typically firework displays last for about 7 minutes. Try not to have a display that lasts significantly less or more.
- A firework display site should be approximately 50 metres long and 25 metres wide clear from cars and marquees. Guests should be 50-75 metres away from fireworks. This depends on your wedding venue but these are the typical safety guidelines.
- The most powerful fireworks (category 3) have a noise limit of 120 decibels. There is a Curfew for fireworks between 11pm - 7am so make sure you abide by this to avoid a fine!
- Check that your venue doesn't have restrictions on fireworks. Any venue in a built up area is unlikely to allow fireworks after 10pm.
- Considering using "silent fireworks" in a venue with sound restrictions? For most people the sound effects are as important as the light show.
- Get creative. Experienced firework companies can set a simple, inexpensive display to music to add an extra dimension, and "pad out" the display.
- If you are aiming for a DIY display go for a self contained firework "cake". They cost around £200 and have just one fuse triggering a short but effective display.
Start your wedding planning here
Guides for Brides bring you all you need to plan your dream wedding.
Need help? Our experienced team have been helping brides for more than 20 years, call us on 01235 773461 now.
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride and groom
bride to be
national wedding show
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations