6 ways to Beat Other Brides to the Best Suppliers
With Christmas out of the way, the rush is on from 26th December to book suppliers. Almost half of all bookings for the coming year are made in January alone, so how do you beat other brides to the best suppliers?
2. Forget the dress. If you got engaged at Christmas it is tempting to shop for the dress first, but try to leave it for another month, unless you are wanting to buy a sample from last season, as these are sold off in January before the new collections come in. During January, visit wedding fairs to see styles you like, and book an appointment for February when you and the boutique owners will have more time.
3. Be decisive. If you find a supplier you like, book their time now. You can then come back when you have more time to decide on the package or final design.
4. Confirm or decline. It is not fair on suppliers to ask them to “pencil you in” while you continue to shop around. If you are not sure, allow another bride to book them instead. You can always come back later and see if they are still available if you got it wrong.
5. Pay a deposit to confirm the booking. This is particularly important for small weddings or low value orders, as some unscrupulous suppliers will assure you that they will hold a date for you without a deposit, so that they can back out of your booking if a larger booking comes along.
6. Forget discounts. Good suppliers won’t sell their services cheap at the start of the year. If you are looking for a discount, wait until the rush is over and be prepared to accept second best.
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride to be
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations
wedding planning church wedding etiquette
weddings in the uk