A Bright Idea… 8 Ways to Light Up your Wedding
With Bonfire night on the horizon and the dark winter nights creeping in, we love these creative ways to set the night alight! From dazzling sparklers and fiery fire pits to light up letters and twinkling fairy lights, brighten up your wedding with these sparkling ideas.
1. Light up the sky – Fireworks are a great option, adding some magical evening entertainment to your reception. Be sure to check with your venue that fireworks are permitted before booking! Check out our Pinterest board for more Fireworks inspiration.
2. Twinkle twinkle little star – Fairy lights are an affordable option, adding some twinkle to your venue decor. There are so many options; wrap them around pillars, put them inside jam jars, create a fairy light canopy or wrap them around trees to lighten up the garden.
3. Wish upon a lantern – A popular choice of evening entertainment is the release of Chinese lanterns. A memorable activity which every guest can get involved with. Please take caution when using lanterns, only using them in responsible locations. We don’t want any trees catching fire!
4. Say it in lights – Why not light up your venue with your initials or wedding date? Light up letters make for a fabulous photo backdrop and look great behind the top table.
Photo: Mighty Fine Entertainment
5. Cute candles – An easy and affordable extra which can transform a wedding venue into a magical wonderland. Creating a romantic atmosphere, candles can be used both inside and out to light up your evening reception.
6. Sensational sparklers – We love this idea! Buy some sparklers for all your guests to enjoy. What a fun way to celebrate your wedding and light up the evening at the same time. They also make for a stunning photo opportunity…
7. Make your cake sparkle – If you love the sparkler idea, then you’ll love the idea of cake sparklers. It isn’t traditional to have candles on a wedding cake, but why not buy some sparklers to really mark the “cake cutting” experience!
8. A warming fire pit – The perfect way to keep your guests feeling toasty. Fire pits can be easily hired or created, depending on your venue. They create a warm outdoor atmosphere for your guests to enjoy and can even be used as a base for toasting marshmallows…
Photo credits: Pinterest
Light up your wedding with more inspiration from our Pinterest board.
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride to be
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations
weddings in the uk