Millennials are obsessed with social media, and our weddings are no exception. But what is the social media etiquette for guests, is there a set of rules to follow? The short answer is no, as it really depends on the couple and their wishes, but we think these ten commandments of social media wedding etiquette are a pretty good place to start.
- Thou shalt not post pictures of the bride before the groom has seen her.
- Thou shall honour the wedding #hashtag.
- Thou shalt not post a picture on social media before the bride or groom.
- Thou shall pass on smartphone photos to the bride and groom.
- Thou shalt not upload a picture of the bride where she looks like she has five chins.
- Thou shall respect the bride and groom’s social media wishes.
- Thou shalt not not get in the way of the photographer when taking smartphone photos.
- Thou shalt not use the flash and consequently ruin professional photographs.
- Thou shall honour the brides wishes, if she wants a photo taken down – take it down.
- Thou shalt not spend the day uploading pictures rather than living in the moment.
Haven’t got your wedding hashtag sorted yet? Check out our post on how to choose the hashtag.
Start planning your big day with our FREE Guides for Brides Wedding Planner
Photo credit: Pinterest