With so many couples deciding to ditch the clouds and tie the knot in sunnier lands, we love getting out there and seeing the options for brides and grooms. European destination weddings are becoming increasingly popular, with the short flight times and warm climate, what’s not to love? Guides for Brides have been trying and testing some of these the most romantic spots out there, and we’re excited to share.
Wedding Ideas: Destination Weddings
Palazzo Avino was judged to be the most romantic hotel in Europe. Nestled in Ravello, high above the Amalfi Coast in Italy it is the perfect place for a romantic honeymoon or a fairytale wedding. A picture can say a thousand words so here is a round up of a few of our favourites so you can judge for yourself:
Dreaming of a luxurious French wedding? France is quickly becoming a popular overseas wedding destination for brides seeking a classic wedding with a twist. Whether you want a chic Parisian city wedding, or a rustic countryside event, check out the pros and cons of getting married in France. So, if you’re dreaming of a gorgeous French-inspired wedding oozing with elegance and class, then from traditions to trends, we’ve got you covered.
Some may say it’s crazy, but getting married in Las Vegas is the perfect choice for a truly unique big day. We recently visited the City of Lights on a honeymoon review trip and realised what a fab place Vegas would be for a luxurious and affordable wedding. Check out our top reasons why we love the idea of a Vegas wedding…
Looking for the perfect curve of white sandy beach, with turquoise seas and palm trees? Whether you’re looking for a honeymoon or wedding destination – the Bahamas is an idyllic haven for any couple.
The Bahamas are the most accessible part of the Caribbean, with 8 hour direct flights from London most days. Nassau is the focal point for the very best hotels and is a launch pad for visiting more remote islands nearby. The pretty Abaco Islands are situated to the north and the Exuma Islands to the south, home to Johnny Depp, Nicholas Cage and David Copperfield. The islands are also known for mid-ocean sandbanks, iguanas, crystal-clear water and stunning white beaches.
Rome – otherwise known as The Eternal City – is the perfect destination for ultimate romance. With a charming historical ambiance, Rome is a stunning setting for a destination wedding, honeymoon or a romantic retreat. We visited the City last week to review a collection of boutique hotels.
- Romance – Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite’s Birthplace) was voted one of the top 10 most romantic places in the world by the Lonely Planet 2011.
- Something New – The island offers an array of unique opportunities, making every wedding unforgettable. With water-sports, horse riding and golf as popular island activities – why not get your guests on the banana boat!
- Convenience and Cost – With a flight time of 4- 5 hours from the UK, Cyprus isn’t too far to take your guests! Flights from the UK are direct and not too costly.
- Church Vs.Yacht – With an array of quaint chapels and churches, there are many traditional ceremony options. For those seeking something different, why not consider a vineyard, castle, beach or yacht!
- Sun, sun sun – with guaranteed sunshine for over 300 days a year, you don’t have to worry about the unpredictable British weather on your big day!
Last Monday myself and Alison had the pleasure of attending an evening held by Mr & Mrs Smith -the esteemed travel agency aimed at couples, at Blakes 5 star hotel in South Kensington. TV presenter Anna Richardson hosted the evening whilst we ate delicious canapés and chatted to influential honeymoon and travel bloggers.
While brides in the UK are facing the prospect of umbrellas in their wedding photos for the foreseeable future, this bride in Sydney was sheltering from 35 degree heat today for her location shoot.
Location photo shoot in Sydney Harbour
We are spending a few days “down under” looking at some great places to get married or go on honeymoon.
Where better to start than Sydney, where we found a great little reception venue on the edge of the quay between The Sydney Opera House and Sydney’s iconic bridge; Peter Doyle @ The Quay.