The idea of customisation has been increasingly popular since Angelina Jolie’s customised wedding veil in 2014; since then, the idea of personalisation has been explored by many brides-to-be. However, if sharpie pen customisation isn’t your thing, then a more subtle option is to create your very own bespoke wedding shoes. Simple and elegant, bespoke shoes add a personal touch to your wedding attire.
Looking for the perfect wedding shoes? Struggling to find something elegant, comfortable, stylish and unique? Shoes can be customised with shoe clips, embellished with diamonds, coloured with dyes and personalised with special dates emblasoned into the sole – creating something that will be with you forever.
Shoe Dyeing – A great option for brides who are wanting to add a splash of colour to their wedding outfit.The great thing about dyeing wedding shoes is that they are often covered by the dress. This means that you can create something truly beautiful and personal, and it won’t distract attention from your dress.
Shoe dyeing services should also take into account every little detail, particularly something like the light setting. You want your shoes to look amazing in photographs, so the dye has to compliment your shoes in the different settings where you will photographed – in the church or on the beach, for example. Dyeing is a great option for those who want a perfect match to their wedding gown or want to co-ordinate with their bridesmaids.
Elegant Steps, who are experts in shoe customisation, suggest that the highest level of customisation available to brides is to combine shoe clips, dyeing, pearls and crystals to create something unique, original and beautiful.
- Save the Date – get the date of your wedding on the soles of your shoes or on the side.
- Iconic Symbols – A star, a heart, a swirl, a flower – add a subtle detail, or something nicely written, to make your shoes truly personal.
- Something Blue – have some blue jewels incorporated in your design for your something blue.
- Words of Love – say ‘I love you’ or introduce your new name ‘Mrs ….’ ‘timeless’, ‘elegant’, ‘I do’, ‘I will’, ‘forever’, you can say so much…
- Studs and Spikes – add a touch of rock n roll to your feet and give a unique feel.
Thank you to Elegant Steps for their wonderful photographs and their insight into wedding shoe customisation. To be in with a chance of winning a pair of stunning bespoke wedding shoes, enter the competition below!